The Baptist Pillar © Brandon Bible Baptist Church 1992-Present www.baptistpillar.com
"...The church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth."
I Timothy 3:15
1. Discipline your children only when you lose your temper. Let them get away with
anything until you’re fed up; then, in a spirit of hostility and anger, let ‘em have
it! Blow your top, holler, get wild, clobber them and really make a brawl out of
it. The children will get a bang out of you.
2. Don't make yourself approachable, you might have to listen and reason with them.
If you get too chummy, they’ll want to talk things over with you. And who’s got time
to waste with kids? You’ve got more important things to do.
3. If they’ve done wrong, never let them forget it. Keep rubbing it in; they’ll loathe
you for it. A father was telling me in front of his son about the trouble the boy
had gotten into 5 years ago when he was 13. The boy was ashamed and disgusted. When
the father went to answer the phone, the son said in an undertone, “He makes me sick.”
I felt like saying, “Me, too.”
4. Give your child all the spending money he wants; don’t make him earn it. Money
in large quantities is an acceptable substitute for love. After awhile he’ll want
only your money and couldn’t care less about you. It’s something like starving him
on cream puffs.
5. Compare your child with someone else to make him smarten up. Use that beautiful
expression, “Why can’t you be like Johnny?” He’ll despise you and Johnny both!
6. Mother and father should disagree in regard to the rules for their youngsters.
Children will then learn to play one parent against the other.
7. Never let the kids think for themselves. They haven’t the equipment. (The reason
may be in their
heredity or environment). Make all the decisions for them so they’ll never be able to handle life.
8. Treat them with suspicion. Never trust the sneaky little characters.
If they turn out well, it won’t be your fault. IT’LL BE A MIRACLE OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!!!