The Baptist Pillar © Brandon Bible Baptist Church 1992-Present www.baptistpillar.com
"...The church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth."
I Timothy 3:15
The police department of Houston, Texas gave the following ten rules for producing
1. Begin with infancy to give the child everything he wants. In this way he will grow up to believe the world owes him a living.
2. When he picks up bad words, laugh at him. This will make him think he is cute.
It will also encourage him to pick up "gutter" phrases that will blow the top off
your head later.
3. Never give him any spiritual training. Wait until he is twenty-one and then let
him "decide for himself".
4. Avoid use of the word WRONG. It may develop a guilt complex. This will condition
him to believe later, when he is arrested for stealing a car, that society is against
him and he is being persecuted.
5. Pick up everything he leaves lying around - books, shoes, toys and clothes. Do
everything for him so that he will be experienced in throwing all responsibility
6. Let him read any printed matter he can get his hands on. Be careful that the silverware
and drinking glasses are sterilized, but let his mind feast on garbage.
7. Quarrel frequently in his presence. In this way he will not be shocked when the
home is broken up later.
8. Give a child all the spending money he wants. Never let him earn his own. Why
should he have things as tough as you had them?
9. Satisfy his every craving for food, drink, and comfort. Denial may lead to harmful
10. Take his side against neighbours, teachers, policemen. They are all prejudiced against your child.